As I read the article at http://surviveinplace.com it occurs to me that I've seen this kind of situation as described, somewhere before... where have I seen the need to "survive in place" before, with family members separated and no way to reach them........oh I remember: War of the Worlds, that movie by and with Tom Cruise. He had no plan, he just kind of "winged it" and found a hidey hole and came out the hero. This website does bring up a very valid point to me: What good is our stockpile of food, blankets and weapons at home, if we're not there when "it" hits the fan? As for me and my family, we've discussed our plan of how to try to get in contact with each other in the event of an emergency and we are separated at that time. This is why each of my kids have cellphones, and I pray they work should I ever need them.

The suggestion to write everything down is great, because I forget my address when I'm stressed out to the max. So I'm going to write a few things down, including all the #s off my cell phone, and our plan of action, should we ever need it. Perhaps I should start practicing with my kids like they do in school with tornado drills... having a plan - even a wing-it stay-where-you-are plan, is a good idea. While I'm going to keep my stockpile here at home, I will also pray that we never do have a War of the Worlds (or nations). God Bless America.
Question: Do YOU have a plan for an emergency situation (hurricane, pandemic, war, etc)?
Thanks to USpace123 for posting this article link at twitter and getting me thinking about this.